12.01.2008

oh, what a weekend

So the last 4 days have been especially great. Thanksgiving in Georgia with family for the first time in 3 years was the beginning. I can't honestly think of better food on the planet than at grandmothers house. She always has the freshest green beans, the most perfect stuffing, and sourdough bread to die for. Top that off with sweet tea, and you've created yourself a picture of heaven on earth. Oh, and we can't forget the pecan pie...

Then Friday with grandma and that side of the family. Some good mexican food and more sweet tea at Tiajuana's, followed by the Book Nook (an especially great used bookstore in downtown Dalton), then back to grandmas for some Sorry with my 7 year old cousin Gavin, who is the self proclaimed champion of Sorry. Unfortunately for him, he hadn't played me in a while, seeing as how Sorry is a game soley based on skill. Then to the Phase 10, which always ends up lasting far longer than anyone really wants it to. And finally, grandma's chili, which is absolutely the best chili known to man.

Saturday, we got back at about 9:45 after driving through the night, and I preceded back to Ada to nap in preperation for Bedlam, which turned out to be a great game as usual. I joined Jared, Jeff, and Dave for the game, and I must say it was quite a time. Jared and I brewed up some Nicaraguan fair trade coffee french press style, which, I might add, we got at the Robbie Seay show. Take that delicious coffee, add grandmothers pecan pie, and you have possibly one of the most dangerous food and drink combos that the world has ever seen. I believe that Jared will attest to its greatness.

Then, this morning, the Ten went quite well. That was followed by La Fiesta with more people than we had seats for at one table. The 12 page paper I wrote this afternoon wasn't very pleasant, but I got it done in anticipation of the Wii-fest which took place at the guys house. The house was packed once again, and it was a ton of fun.

I think I've seen a little bit of heaven the last 4 days, and it excites me.

1 comment:

Jared Johnson said...

This is me attesting to the greatness.