9.16.2008

What I've been waiting for

The jacket was necessary this morning as I left for class. That's one of my favorite days of the year. Chilled, clean, crisp air hit me in the face this morning as I rode my bike to class, and I couldn't really ask for much more.

I must say though, that the last few days have been interesting. I've spent some quality time with friends, new and old, and have been blessed by every second of it, but there is something that is weighing heavy on my heart, and I'm not 100% sure what the root of the weight is.

Might I suggest that everyone listens to Sigur Ros at this point? I believe they are best listened to on cold, clear nights, much like this one, driving in your car or riding your bike, looking up at the heavens, allowing the untouchable beauty of things created to shed a little light on the darkness.

From Psalm 8:
3
When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
and the son of man that you care for him?

And from Psalm 147:
4
He determines the number of the stars;
he gives to all of them their names.

No comments: